Saturday 28 June 2014

BMC YCS 2014 (Issy)

Me on route 3
This year I competed in the BMC YCS 2014. I won all three qualifying rounds, therefore qualifyng for the finals in 1st position.

During the finals, 4 of us (Pippa Watkin, Emily Philips, Kitty Morrison and I) topped everything, however Kitty and I topped the final boulder on our seccond attempt. This meant that we had to do a superfinal, with Pippa and Emily climbing for 1st and Kitty and I climbing for 3rd. Our superfinal route was boys A route 3! I climbed the highest on the superfinal route and therefore came 3rd.

The final result was: 1st- Emily, 2nd- Pippa, 3rd- Me.
I am very happy with my result! I would  like to thank Ian Dunn for his training plan and fantastic coaching throughout the year.

Me on the podium with Emily and Pippa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts