Wednesday 25 June 2014

About my climbing (finley adams)

I started climbing when I was 4 and have been carrying on with this sport ever since.
I am now 9 years of age and I am onsighting 7a-7a+ and am atempting 7b+. I follow the footsteps of a climber named Adam Ondra. He inspired me when I heard that he was onsighting 9a+ and attempting some of the hardest routes such as the dura dura meanning the hard hard.

I started my first competion when I was 7 years old in the 2013 BMC youth climbing series. I won all the qualifying rounds in the London and South East region and came 4th at Ratho! I hadn't really started training and didn't have a coach - only my mum and dad, so I was happy with that and it gave me confidence in my climbing ability.

I also really like climbing outdoors.  I read an article in a climbing magazine about raindogs and have wanted to do this 8a since then. The outdoor climbs that I did on my first trip to Malham:

Rose Coronary 7a (lead)
Consenting Adults 7a (lead)
Begozi and the Ledge Lizards 6a+ (lead)

I am now working on Rated PG 7a+ and have started my long term project Raindogs 8a.

Finley Adams on Raindogs 8a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts