Sunday 6 March 2016

Youth Open Liverpool March 2016 (Issy)

Topping Qualifier 2
I had never been to Awesome Walls Liverpool, so I was interested to see what kind of routes we would have. Our first qualifier looked crimpy and technical, but definitely do-able. I was one of three to top the route. Our second qualifier was on the main overhang. It was one of the steepest walls I had ever been on; at some points in the route I was almost horizontal! It was one of the most fun routes I had climbed- relatively easy and juggy with some interesting bridging moves. This time, I was one of 5 to top the route, and I qualified for the finals in joint 1st place.
The Final Route
Our final route again was up the main overhang. It was long and sustained, with a huge last move. When I came out to climb, I climbed the majority of the route easily. I climbed to the last move, and the last hold seemed miles away, so I decided to clip from the second last hold. I was the only person to top the route, and so happy to top all the routes in the competition! Because of this I placed 1st.
Also on Saturday we received our new team kit from Berghaus. I am absolutely thrilled with it! It is extremely warm, and I loved climbing in it! Huge thanks to Berghaus for providing the kit, and to Rob Adie and Tony Smith for organising.
Final Route 2
Final Route 3
On the podium!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts