Sunday 20 July 2014

Outdoor Climbing at Malham Cove (Finley)

I drove to Malham on a hot, sunny day, and arrived at Malham campsite. On the day that we arrived we walked down to Malham cove to check out what it looked like. I already knew that there was a route called 'Raindogs' graded 8a that I wanted to have a go on. On the first day of climbing it was rainy but still I went out and did:

  • 'Rose Coronary'- 7a  lead (redpoint)
  • 'Begozi and the Ledge Lizards'- 6b+ lead (onsight) 
I tried 'Consenting Adults'- 7a and decided that I would try it again tomorrow. The seccond sunny day I tried again 'Consenting Adults'. It took me a long time to do it and finally I managed it. I was very happy! I also tried 'Rated PG'- 7a+ and finally had a go on 'Raindogs', which is now my project. 

I had a very fun time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts