Saturday 8 November 2014

Welsh Climbing Championships 2014 (Finley)

On Saturday 8th November I got up early and my family drove to the Welsh Climbing Championships at Boulders, Cardiff. I was competing in the Boys D category for the first time. I really liked the look of the routes I was given when I was doing my route reading. There were 25 boys competing in my category.
I flashed each of the qualifiers, made a mistake on the semi-final route, but got the top score in the final when it really mattered. 

I was Boys D winner! 

I felt super strong and I was really happy with how I climbed on the day.

Well done also to Issy (@Issyclimbing) for her second place in the Girls B category after an exciting super-final finish. 

Boys D Podium
My trophy and prizes
Final Route
Semi-final Route

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts