Sunday 6 March 2016

Youth Open Leeds November 2015 (Issy)

In November we traveled to the Leeds wall for the first competition of the year- my second year in Youth B. Our first qualifier was crimpy and vertical, and I was one of two people to top it. However, I found the second qualifier much more difficult. It began with a vertical finger crack- a feature I had never climbed on before! The crack sapped my energy, and I was wrong handed on the next few moves meaning that I had to downclimb. I managed a few more moves, and ended up 4th place on the route. I was frustrated with the mistakes I made, but I still managed to qualify for the finals in second place. 
The final route was crimpy and overhanging, so I moved quickly up the steep section. I eventually fell off a big move; I had put my foot too high  and I was disappointed with where I fell as I thought I could have got much higher. Three of us fell at the same move, meaning that I was in =2nd place. Overall I came second due to countback from the qualifiers. Thanks to the Leeds wall for a great competition. 
Final 2
Final 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts